Thursday 26 March 2009

Truth is stronger than faction

I’ve been on the road for seven hours in the last twenty one. Just me and Eddie Stobart. Another seven of those hours have been spent sleeping. Two hours passed in a very successful client meeting. I can’t for the life of me think of what I did with the other five. It’s all in less than a business day. Plenty of things you can do in a car that you can’t do in a business meeting. Ponder how it is at all possible that William Hague and Leigh Bowery can share the same birthday. Smile when you think that, today, in 217 years’ time, James T Kirk will be born. Chuckle when you discover that today is actually Leonard Nimoy’s birthday. But what really made me want to throw thoughts onto screen was the knowledge that today is the 20th anniversary of the first free elections in the USSR. 190 million votes were cast and Boris won. When the history of this epoch is written, I don’t think it at all likely that our Boris will figure, but theirs probably will. Somehow, the future we all live in seemed to begin around about 1988/9.

Mark Griffiths www.idealconsulting.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment